Friday, June 21, 2013

June Guest Designer - Norma Gomez


Hello Berry71Bleu Fans!!  I'm Norma Gomez and I'm so happy to be here with you all today!  I'm the mom of three boys and grandma to two beautiful grand babies.   I started scrapbooking after my mother passed away because I inherited a lot of her old photos.  As we went through them, we realized that we had no idea who the people were or why she had saved them.  So I wanted to make sure that I preserved all of our stories behind the photos for my family.  Besides scrapbooking, I love creating mixed media artwork and art journaling.  I really love the freedom of being able to use all different types of mediums with everything from textiles to found objects.  I'm currently a designer for Zeus and Zoe, Marivic's other business.  To get to know me and my work a little better, visit my blog: Little Honey Bee Studios.   

Today I'll like to share my spin on Marilyn's Summer Challenge featuring beautiful 7 Dots Studio papers and Jacquard products.


This month's challenge is all about sharing what you like to do best during summer.  During the summer months we like to travel as much as possible but it's usually really hard for my husband to get away.  So last we year we went on several smaller road trips and this place was my son's very favorite place.  We rode those boardwalk rides night after night til we left.


For this layout, I started out with a plain white sheet of cardstock.  I doodled around both the top and bottom edges with Jacquard Clear 3-D Lumiere.  Then I added a little Vintage Photo Distress ink to help bring out the doodles.  


To add texture I started my layers off with cream colored burlap.  After that, I inserted gorgeous 7 Dots Studios Hopefully paper dusted with Micropearl Pearl Ex pigment powder.  I used white Dylusions ink to bind the Pearl Ex pigment powder.  The micropearl pigment works to soften the paper's color and add an elegant shimmer.


I matted the photo with vintage papers and a script tag from my Zeus and Zoe kit.  For my title, I simply wrote out "Ride" with India Ink on white cardstock and cut it out.  The rest of my title is written directly on the vintage papers.


To finish off my layout I added various flowers from my stash, a little bling and tiny butterflies for an added touch of whimsy. 

Thank you so much for joining me today!  I hope I've inspired to join in on this month's challenge and I'd like to invite over to Zeus and Zoe.  We have a fun June Challenge: My Favorite Things going on as we speak.   So come on over and join the fun!!  

Have a Beautiful Day!

7 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS page! I'm really loving the title work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning page Norma! I LOVE all the texture and layers! The doodled border is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layering! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your travel page, Norma! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Norma!!! love the layers and all the textures, I love to work with burlap. Nice to know what you like to do in summer!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and ethereal. I like the addition of the burlap combined with the watercolour effects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! wow, wow, wow. Wow for the gorgeous page. Another wow for all of the wonderful product you used in it. Another wow for all of the layering. and a very special wow for how you communicate what you like to do in the summer. I'm ready to go!
    http://jillienedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...